Monday, March 3, 2014

Oscars Red Carpet Trends of 2014

I anticipated this event for the longest time (as I'm sure you have as well) getting amped-up by watching other award ceremonies and the fashion that we saw with those. At last, the moment we all have been waiting oh-so patiently for: the 2014 Oscars. Of course, our favorite part is the fashion, right? Right. I fell in love with so many of the designs I saw last night and noticed a couple fairly prominent trends that were carried through many of the stars. 

To start off, there were numerous dresses with unique spins and elaborate embellishments that you would need a magnifying glass to catch every last detail. The first, and perhaps, the most obvious re-occurring trend that stood out to me was the neutral and embellished dresses with a lot of detail work. I was practically drooling over these pieces because I'm a sucker for a great neutral piece and of course, I love glitter and sparkly things! The other trend that proved rather popular were the ladies that opted to leave their sleeves (and straps) at home. There were many black dresses following this trend and I must admit that I am still swooning over Emma Watson's look of the night. L-O-V-E it!



 






All That Glitters, xox

No comments:

Post a Comment